Monday 7 December 2009

Wilder Worship




So here we are in the last month, of the first decade of the third millenium anno Domini. It seems no time at all since I was standing with my lovely wife at the big fish in Belfast, with a couple of close friends and a bottle of bubbly - watching the fireworks explode in the sky above the waterfront hall. Now, 10 years, 2 children, another church, several guitars, a couple of cars and many other things later, here we are ready to enter a new decade. I wonder what this one has in store for us all? But what of November? I had a wild night (quite literally) in the Mournes, navigating through the darkness (and rain and wind - and when I say rain, I mean rain...100s of pounds worth of outdoor gear and I was still absolutely soaking by the end of it) of Tollymore and Luke's mountain. Hopefully there'll be lots more adventures like this in the new decade. Speaking of adventures as well, I managed to get to Ikon in the Blackbox last night. Talk about alternative church! It was alternative alright, but not in any sense that you can fit it into a particular "box". It was different certainly, but challenging, thought provoking, relaxed (I mean what other "church" could you go to that has a break at half time so you can get more drinks in!), exiting, liberal and conservative - all in the same hour and something that it slips by in. The theme was ADVENTure (it's nearly Christmas don't you know) - an adventure that begins...and ends...with worship. The folks at Ikon pointed me towards The Advent Conspiracy - check out the website, and then:




WORSHIP FULLY

SPEND LESS

GIVE MORE

LOVE ALL

Happy Christmas. Come...with the shepherds...and the wise men...and the angels...and worship...the baby...the Christ...the King!





1 comment:

  1. There are only six sleeps remaining until the end of this month, Mr Prince Charming, and 2010's first post has not yet appeared. And you have much to say- not least about this weekend's gigs! Because you light up my life I am sending you a Sunshine Award, because Catherine says that's how it works! But you do light up my lfe!

    ReplyDelete